Friday, June 24, 2011

Justice Minister Advised Me to Return Barrow’s Money

lawyer Mboge

Lawyer Lamin K Mboge has informed Magistrate Ade Taiwo Alagbe that the Minister of Justice Edward Gomez advised him to returned Saikou Barrow’s money as well as the case file when he was reported to the police headquarters in Banjul for making documents without their authority.
“I received a telephone call from the police headquarters that one Saikou Barrow has lodged a complaint that I have made a false affidavit without his authority,” Mboge added.
Mr Mboge, legal practitioner made these statement as he continued with his defense at the Banjul Magistrates’ Court in the four counts charge of making false documents, uttering false documents.
Mboge is alleged to have fraudulently uttered a false document to wit: an affidavit, intent to deceive, execute an affidavit in the name of Alagie Momodou Barrow without his lawful authority and made false declaration before Ebrima Sambou, commissioner for oaths.

He strongly denied the allegation.
He added that Mr. Barrow made this allegation against him when he told him (Barrow) that he cannot withdraw the motion until he and his father appear in court, because it has already been dated. “When I refused he told me that he is going to the police to make a declaration that I made a false document,” Mboge added
He said barrow further told him that they should meet at the Minister’s office but he (Mboge) refused. “I told him that I will go to the minister if I need his advice and I don’t need it at the time.”
He said Saikou instructed him to file the motion but only to call again to withdraw the motion, because he said he and his father were not going to appear in court for the land matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment